Saturday, December 30, 2006

Thank You

2006 is coming to a close, and it had been yet another eventful dramatic year. But now, like many of the old architecture around the world, it has to step down and make way for a newer, snazzier and fresher successor, 2007. But I can never forget what these past 12 months have bought me. Tears, angst, fury, laughter, love, friendship and the many in between. Every week a story, everyday an episode. It has been a hell of a year, people.

We became stronger friends, weaker friends, drifted apart, almost got together, almost broke up, had tiffs, made up, seen some people ugly side emerge, ostracize some, form strong bonds, made memories, formed routines and traditions, made nights special and made conversations unforgettable. With every “we”, it’s a different set of people. Some vitally important, some going to be and some diminishingly so.

There are many people who made 2006 so awesome. This is going to be bitch to write, but I’m going to park my ass down for a long while and do some long overdue thanksgiving.

Here goes nothing, (and I know some of you sorry asses are just going to scroll down and look for your name, NYAHAHA, but ‘tis the nature of the human ego, go figure.)

#1. My family, who I’ve been thanking for the past 16 years and will never stop thinking for the rest of my life. Simply because they are who they are, and for loving me for who I was, am and will be.

#2. Pris, for making the term “Best Friend” all that it’s knocked up to be and more.

#3. Lisda, for the bus 965 rides home and MSN conversations. For always putting up with my psycho bitchfits and always being there to hear me rant, whine, curse, confess and vent without ever going nuts. (I never knew how you managed it, but I’m glad you did.) And more importantly, for your rare trust in me.

#4. Eileen, for the long SMS rants, pre-trainings Yoshinoya lunches, that 4nations cup episode, and always, always, always the first one there when I’m in a piss-poor mood, and for being that special friend.

#5. Khairyn, for the long bus ride from West Coast Park to Bedok during camp, your house and food pantry as a sanctuary for us hungry beggars, for transferring from AJC to here, for the best is yet to come because we’ve yet to grown closer. But count on it, babe.

#6. The Kgang; Jasmin, Karen, Carol, Yvonne and JieLin. For their comforting familiarity and for being so wonderfully UNCHANGED and steadfastly reliable in this mad, mad world outside. And most of all, for making me believe that some good things in life never change and some friends always last

#7. My sevens; Han, Tong, Jying, Xying, Mel, Caro, Ling. For never failing to make me laugh, brightening up my day even when everything else seem so bleak sometimes. For mahjong days, neoprints hysteria and good food binges.

#8. LysAdriMingTzeFlor; for the Pizza Huts, Sakuras, Café Galilees, and laughing until my sides split moments, and being the reason why I love coming to school so unnaturally much. And for everything that I've already said in one of earlier entries.

#9. Valerie and Meihui, for a bloody good first three months of my JC life.

#10. My ELEVENS from 0623A; Eileen, SwuJuan, Lisda, Kahlai, Cindy, RuiShan, Khairyn, Flora, Joyce and WeiMing, for alliance against you-know-who, for our endless gossips, for the cam-whoring moments, for teachers’ day celebration, for the bangin’ Aces workout, for the many more fun that is yet to come.

#11. RuiShan, SwuJuan and Jiawei, for the best PW group anyone could ask for. For staying up late editing PI, GPP and whatsnot, for rushing in the Libraria together putting together the WR, for meetings that end up in watching Miss Swan and reading others’ blogs, for finding Jiawei everytime he got lost somehow or another, for supporting each other through out OP. You made PW not as hellish as it actually is.

#12. My Sixers Clique; Pris, Ril, Bah and Qz. For nights that last too short and gossips about everyone else, for the unexpected friendship that appeared outta nowhere, for being the THE class clique of 46'2005.

#13. IJC netball, for making trainings something to look forward to, for EOY netball camp 2006, and for the new friendships made.

#14. Knights of the round table, first three months; Kim, PeiShan, Eileen, Lisda, Khairyn, Rochester, Valerie, WeiMing. For being the first thing I like about IJC, for badminton sessions and East Coast Park.

#15. Jeenson and Ben for the good ol’ wisecracks and bullshit that never change.

#16. Jiayi, for making me want to kill her and save her at the same time.

#17. 0623A, for being a hell of a class and for being able to go up together next year.

#18. Ya Kun Kaya Toast for inventing Silkyz Barley, my everyday must-have fix.

#19. For the love y’all have been giving me all the time, even when I’m sometimes too self-centred to feel it. THANK YOU.

And I hope 2007 turns out great for each and everyone of you.

Yours truly,
Tze