Thursday, November 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Rui

Wrapped up on OP yesterday and that was the end of the exhausting all-nighters, frantic rush to get reports printed, crazy deadlines, useless advices and endless edits of the written report. The presentation went relatively well, considering how the projector refused to start up at first and the volume almost defeaned everyone. But my dear members managed to pull themselves together and gave it their best shot. It's all over now people, so lay off the caffeine aye?

Lunch at Compass Point with Merelda was fun, we roamed the mall for a couple of hours before I had to buy the cake for the birthday girl. The silly girl did not want to go home and in the process threw Kahlai and the rest into a frenzy, trying to get me to meet somewhere in the shopping mall without being too conspicious. And thus, I ended up at the airy corner beside the elevators like a lonely deluded outcast with a cake. But all was worth it, for Rui. In

terestingly enough, we were caught be the mall security for lighting candles in the mall, for fear of setting off the water sprinklers. Well I say you only live once, nothing like being marched down to the security office and being reprimanded for intentionally trying to set the mall on fire, threatening to bring in the police to brighten your teenage years. I think most of us were stifling laughter whilst being scolded, and they took it as cheek when all we were thinking was how surreal the whole situation was.

Anyway, enough talking. Here are a few of the photos that night;


The birthday girl. Eighteen burning candles.

There were only two of us because Lisda couldnt make it, Khairyn was sick and Flora was apparently missing.





Resident celebrity figure.

The birthday girl, looking pretty. And me looking like something the cat dragged in.



It was mad fun all in all, as it always is with this eleven crazy people. I'm looking forward to Sentosa, my loves. We are going

And once again, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUI! We adore you.


Met up with Jiayi today for dinner at the Horizon. It was great catching up with her life, I felt like I didn't talk to her in years, but the easy flow of conversation between us was not yet lost. We yakked and yakked till we were both exhausted but nevertheless, thoroughly satisifed. It was lovely meeting up with you, Yi. I cannot wait for next tuesday's Pizza with the boys.

Its the holidays, time to do some serious catching up with those beloved ones in my life.