Monday, November 06, 2006

Different friends, same kinda love.

Friday's Vivocity's trip with Shahril(s) & Pris was cancelled because Pris was down with fever all of sudden, but I'm guessing it's probably due to over-exhaustion from the constant late-nightouts and lack of sleep. But all is good, because we will meet up next week soon enough. But still, that day didn't turn out to be a disappointment because my lovely classgirls decided to troop down to CoffeeBean for some heavy sugar rushes and heavy gossip. Attention to all CB fans, from Monday to Friday, after 6pm, all cakes are given a 50% discount. (Tong, are you reading this?) Naturally, we bought several of those diet-busting confection to share around. I had the most fabulous time, to dish about classmates, laugh over Eils' s kooky games, and plan many many clique/class outings over brownies, apple crumbles, cheesecake, and frappes all around. These girls made my friday good and well spent. (:

And Sunday saw me spending the day with my sevens at Cafe Cartel. And here, I shall let the photos do the talking.

And there's me, intently studying the menu. And Tong is so in love with the glossy magazine-like menu that she actually contemplated on sneaking one home.

The FOOD. The girls loved the ribs, but I wasn't really into pork so there was nothing much to wow about. The lagsane wasn't bad but the supreme platter was a let-down. But the freebie crusty bread was good! Call me a cheapo, but I crave the simple stuff. (:
Tong & Han.
And the craziest dish around, some sort of viking whatsoever. I cannot really remember the name, but this monster is made up of 7 scoops of stretchy vanilla and chocolate ice-cream, dozens of macademia cookies, and drizzled with hot fudge. Can you spell, DECADENCE? It was meant for 4, so stated in the menu. But we hd 5 girls, and we had difficulty finishing it. So be warned. But it was the highlight of the entire course.
Mel told me the stretchier the texture of the ice cream was, the more fat content it has, just my luck to have someone taking courses that specializes in this kind of area.

We took a photo like this, because nobody wanted to show their bulging tummies.
With the sevens, there's always time for narcissm.


Ended off the day hanging out at Han's house, watching She's The Man and looking through secondary school photos. It was bittersweet nostalgia, I remember those times with these girls, it was all fun and laughter. Until now, I never had a bad time with them before. (Knock on wood!)



Its all so bizzare how we ended up together, seeing how we all come from different classes and different CCAs. But sometimes, the best things in life never needs a proper explaination.