Sunday, August 26, 2007

This gaping hole

"I don't want the world to see me,
because I don't think the world understands.
"


I'm feeling uncharacteristically melancholic at the moment. The luxury of time to think about matters of the heart is rather depressing.

Feel for a 1am phone call and an old friend's comfortable silence.
The top of the playground's slide,
you take one side of the earphones and I will take the other.
The world can sleep while our B&J melts beside.
Tonight.

(But you're all the way at the other side of the world, living out life the way you said you would. It's one exciting country to another, but do you miss home and us you left behind? Because I miss you, Ril. I really do. )

I need your comfortable presence and how you will never judge me on why I did the things I did now. You will understand, you always do.