Thursday, March 16, 2006

Let's keep it friendly.

"As We Go On, We Remember
All The Time We Have Together
And As Our Lives Change,
Come Whatever,
We Will Still Be,
Friends Forever. "

Overplayed. Overrated.

The 2/8`2003 chalet was a bitter disappointment.
The boys all bought a Playstation Portable. Furiously jamming keys, eyes glued to dazzling graphics on a squintingly small screen.
Four beds, 18 growing adolescents.

The girls tried to start a round of gossip, all efforts fall short. A topic couldnt keep us going for more than 10 minutes. Laspes of awkward silences. Restless fidgeting. Phone texting under the sheets. There was nothing new, nothing controversial, nothing scandalous.

Having known each other for 4years, did the novelty wore off? Did our friendship gotten stale? Sad to say, I think it did. I refuse to allow the cynics out there to crow and gloat, I'm sure there's a better reason to the disaster of a chalet. But what?

Games were bought up, and rejected. Yes, sure they were childish and campish. SO WHAT? It still beats slacking on the bed all day watching reruns on TV. You scoff the ideas, saying you played them before, saying they were "LAME", you couldnt be enthusiastic about it, so you poured cold water all over. Cuz if you cant get fired up about it, you wanted to make sure others can't too. Allow me to put what i want to express to you in three coherent and effective words : WHAT THE FUCK?

Readers, you remember my post two entries back (scroll down) about my iJ class. You studied SocialStudies, you learnt how to compare and contrast. Put the skills to good use now.


I hate to do this, I really do. I know after posting this entry up, there will be protests and whispers. I'm a traitor? I don't cherish my friendships? WHATEVER. But I couldnt keep it all in anymore.

FYI, I left the chalet with J on the second day. Where the girls are idling on the beds and the boys have all parked their asses at xSquare, being total geeks.


On the way back to woodlands, J and I gossiped like there's no tomorrow. She's great. If it werent for her, I think I would have went bonkers at downtown east.



On that very day, she's the only resaon why I still believe that friendships dont have expiry dates.

The only reason.