Friday, July 20, 2007

Who Ever Loved, that Loved not at First Sight?

(This poem by Christopher Marlowe is one of my favorite favorite absolute loved to death poem of all time)

It lies not in our power to love or hate,
For will in us is overruled by fate.
When two are stripped, long 'ere the course begin,
We wish that one should love, the other win;
And one especially we do affect
Of two gold ingots, like in each respect:
The reason no man knows, let it suffice,
What we behold is censured by our eyes
Where both deliberate, the love is slight:
Who ever loved, that loved not at first sight?

I did a rather thorough blog-hopping just now, and in a decidedly untypical manner, made myself read each and every of my friends' blogs, be it the interesting, the intellectual, the mundane, the narcissistic or the incoherent mess type. And oh! I was so very tickled by the intensely dramatically tragic manner which some tend to express themselves in. Lines like:

"You ripped open my heart and left only scars that cannot heal."
"I built a wall around my heart, only to have you tear it down again."
"My tears and my blood shed to win your love."
"You got me in so deep, I am utterly lost without your smile, your touch, your presence."
"The scars you inflicted gets deeper with each passing second I think about you."

And I could've gone on and on and on! Tsk, we girls are emotional creatures aye. You would think they fancy themselves as young Danielle Steels(whose books I LOATHE by the way) of some sort, from that mushy heartbroken tone they compose their thoughts in. When you stand in an objective stance and think, we teenagers are really a very angsty lot, with emotions to burn, don't you think?